Finally. Its been two years in the making, but we now have an easy alternative to QuickBooks. What started as an “online invoicing system”, has evolved into a simple and elegant bookkeeping system for small service businesses and freelancers.
We have heard from a lot of… QuickBooks “refugees”. Thank you for taking time to tell us what you need, and most importantly, what you don’t. And a special thank you to those that took the plunge, ditched your QuickBooks, and became beta users.
To your success!
June 6th, 2011
The Bee is more than than just an invoicing system. Much more. With the release of Books, the Bee has been transformed into a complete system to meet all of the bookkeeping needs of a small service business or freelancing operation.
For existing Bee customers, here’s how to get started using Books
Books was released to all Bee customers on June 6, 2011. As part of the release, we did the following:
1. Created Books accounts (general ledger accounts) for all expense categories.
2. Created Books accounts for a typical service business.
3. Created an entry for books account, Accounts Receivable, that agrees to the total of unpaid invoices.
4. Created an entry to books account, Opening Balance Offset, to balance the balance sheet.
5. Created books transactions for income and expense transactions for calendar year 2011. You can see these in the Trial Balance (detail).
Here’s what you or your accountant should do:
1. Create general journal entries for the balance sheet accounts.
If you have any questions about how to get started with Books, please email Bee support.